What do you guys do first thing in the morning to start the day on a good note?
Today, I found myself clung to my phone browsing the internet and forgetting my priorities. The dangerous thing wasn’t the aimless browsing but it was embarking on the “negative” websites that one tend to find spontaneously on the web. I researched problems instead of solutions, illness instead of healing and I felt like I am not setting a good tone for the day.
How do you guys spend your first hour of waking? How should I spend my morning?
Dear Wonderful Reader,
We live in a society the promotes MORE, BIGGER as such they are the sign of success and true happiness. Yet all we end up with is debt, unmet expectations, and a longing for a time when life was simpler…quieter.
The Joys of a Quiet Life
- Becoming one with nature.
- Becoming acute to God/spirituality.
- Exploring yourself (freely from any external influence such as social media or the pressure to “fit in”, or to become a “people pleaser”).
- Spending quality time with family and friends (those selected few).
- Focusing on your goals/dreams.
- Having time for hobbies, imagination, and creativity.
- Spending money wisely on things that we need rather than what we want (liberating ourselves from measuring up to “The Jones”, buying the new “IT” thing on social media, or to fit in with a clique”). Also, by saving, we can have enough money to donate or help someone in need.
- Purpose: Growth: Joy. There is something alluring about realizing that we’re utilizing our resources and energy to its full potential for good that leads to feeling purposeful. Purpose flourishes to growth and growth yields joy.
- Less drama.
- Peace of mind (which sounds really simple but as we get older and life’s problems start swallowing us, we realize how precious peace of mind is).
This serves as a very rough draft of this topic, I don’t think I have said all I wanted to say so stay tuned for more :).
I’m interested to know if a quiet life sounds attractive to you?
What’s the best thing about living a quiet life?
Do you disagree?
Dear Wonderful Reader,
“Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.” (John 14;27)
Take a risk. You have the power within you to move mountains.
P.S. I moved this section to a brand new blog. For more inspirational quotes, please click here.
Strive to achieve your heart’s desires and to release the desires that do not serve you. Leon Nacson
First, I would like to thank you all of you for all your support. It has been amazing having you guys here and I truly and deeply appreciate each and every one of you. You guys make my day! Thus I have decided to host a giveaway for you guys to put my appreciation and gratitude into action rather than words. And also since I’m almost approaching the 350 followers mark =].
This post is to give my followers a heads up. However, if you’re not “following” me, please “follow” so you can enter the giveaway.
I will be posting the official rules and all that good stuff later.
❤ you guys
Be assured that, at the right time, God will provide you with the words to say and a boldness to say them that you never thought possible. Dr. Bruce Wilkinson