find out why in the post below.
Ok so I turn 26 on July 29th, so I feel like I am super late into this challenge. But
Okaaaay Here I go:
- Go to the gym 7 consecutive days.
- Clean and reinvent my room to look minimal (by removing stuff from it and not buying more).
- Downsize my closet, at least by 3o pieces.
- Create a photo album.
- Read 1 book in a day (not audio book).
- Pray and read the bible for 7 consecutive days.
Alright here’s my “simple” list. If I do finish it before my birthday, I’ll come up with a new one and hopefully I could reach 26 before 26.
Dear Wonderful Reader,
That would be being hooked up on a guy for 6 years who was not worth it. I do regret that time spent. All the mental and physical energy that was spent on him. In fact I am so over this experience now that I can’t write about with the same passion. That in itself makes me happy because It shows how far I have come and how I was able to put the past behind me. This gives me hope that I could overcome anything, however big it seems at the time. And I did learn a lot from this experience and I am bitter about it anymore.
Whatever you’re going through, remember the power of time. So It’s okay to be sad, bored, or after the guy or people, but let that time be entirely spent on them. Feel the emotions you want to feel but please work to achieve your goals and dream at the same time.
Dear Wonderful Reader,
We live in a society the promotes MORE, BIGGER as such they are the sign of success and true happiness. Yet all we end up with is debt, unmet expectations, and a longing for a time when life was simpler…quieter.
The Joys of a Quiet Life
- Becoming one with nature.
- Becoming acute to God/spirituality.
- Exploring yourself (freely from any external influence such as social media or the pressure to “fit in”, or to become a “people pleaser”).
- Spending quality time with family and friends (those selected few).
- Focusing on your goals/dreams.
- Having time for hobbies, imagination, and creativity.
- Spending money wisely on things that we need rather than what we want (liberating ourselves from measuring up to “The Jones”, buying the new “IT” thing on social media, or to fit in with a clique”). Also, by saving, we can have enough money to donate or help someone in need.
- Purpose: Growth: Joy. There is something alluring about realizing that we’re utilizing our resources and energy to its full potential for good that leads to feeling purposeful. Purpose flourishes to growth and growth yields joy.
- Less drama.
- Peace of mind (which sounds really simple but as we get older and life’s problems start swallowing us, we realize how precious peace of mind is).
This serves as a very rough draft of this topic, I don’t think I have said all I wanted to say so stay tuned for more :).
I’m interested to know if a quiet life sounds attractive to you?
What’s the best thing about living a quiet life?
Do you disagree?
Dear Wonderful Followers,
- Here is a picture of me taking from a rather interesting angle, for those of you who are wondering, “who is this girl?!”.
So lately I have been blogging about stuff that I liked/cared about that I wanted to share with you. But as I was scrolling down I noticed that while the majority of those posts represented me, they weren’t exactly about me. And what’s the point of a blog, if its not personal (or at least personal to some extent)?! It’s never easy to be really personal, and I know you understand, but I trust you. So, I am going to share with you my Spring Bucket List. Not sure if I’m using the term Bucket List correctly here, but whatever!
I have never done a Spring Bucket List, so this is my first one. I would love for you to conduct one too and share it with me (or not!). Just because it’s nice to have something to look forward to, like Mr. McConaughey mentioned in his Oscar’s acceptance speech, even if it’s something little. So I am going to post it here and on the last day of Spring, I’ll revisit it and we can talk about it.
My Spring Bucket List
1. Pray everyday
2. Go to the gym everyday
3. Blog everyday
4. Get a Henna Tattoo
5. Get a Tattoo
6. Get a job that I enjoy
7. Connect with old friends
8. Read at least five books (I would share them with you, but I have no idea what I am going to read but I know that “Love in the Time of Cholera” will definitely make the list. Feel free to recommend me any books=])
9. Do good deeds to my family
10. Experiment with arts and crafts and create/learn five DIY projects
11. Experiment with cooking and baking (Yum!)
12. Get a haircut (or not! I still haven’t made up my mind, but I find it much easier to manage my hair when it’s shorter, since it’s so curly.)
13. Make the most of my weekends
14. Well, there is this serious issue that I am facing at the moment and I tend to put off what I’m supposed to do regarding it cause thinking about it makes me kind of anxious. So, I shouldn’t be doing that! Guys please pray for me or just wish me well (if you don’t pray). So yeah don’t forget to tell God about me in your prayers, please!
15. Stay true to myself
P.S. Notice I didn’t put a period after each task, cause they’re still “unfinished”. lol