Dear Wonderful Reader,
I know it’s not Friday…
With only 5 days left until Spring (March 20th), I feel the rush to liberate myself from those heavy Winter coats, long Winter boots, and start Spring Cleaning my closet, my house, but most importantly, my mind. Winter may have brought me some challenges, and some tests, but it’s time to rid myself of all that stress and heavy-sighing and indulge in a Spring State of Mind.
This post will feature the latest Spring 2014 looks from the runway, not for imitation purposes, but to spark your imagination and fire your soul for Spring. Now, it’s important to note that a Spring State of Mind requires more than just shifting or updating your closet; after all, it is a state of mind. So think of this Spring as a new start where flowers blossom and grass gets greener and spring yourself forward.
Spring Cleaning Your Mind
1. Sit down in a quiet, clean area and start free writing (writing mindlessly) about your life and where you are in life. Do that for 10 minutes. Then, read it again.
2. On a blank sheet of paper, create a table with four columns and labels them as follows:
- a. Things I’m grateful for:
- b. Things I need to improve:
- c. Things I need to let go of: this one is could be challenging but a good rule to follow is: If something is weighting you down mentally, emotionally, or physically and making you unhappy, then you’re better off without it.
- d. Things I want to achieve:
Work on this table for as long as you need.
3. Look over each column with a realistic eye, and believing heart, and just be honest with yourself. We are our own worst judge, so remind yourself at every second to be positive and gentle towards yourself.
- a. Things I’m grateful for: Thank God. Don’t take any things for granted, cause you may wake up one day and not find it. And don’t forget to celebrate your little accomplishements.
- b. Things I need to improve: Think of realistic steps that you could take to improve them. If your stuck then get some books on the subject or research it on the internet.
- c. Things I need to let go of: take sometime with this one and try to envision your life without those burdens and how happy, and light you’ll feel. Then, convince yourself that it’s time you choose to be happy, and unstoppable (even in the littlest of way). You owe that to yourself!
- d. Things I want to achieve: I don’t care what your dream is, I know that you can do it, because that’s what God promised to his children. But, remember that YOU play a big role in achieving your dream. You have to believe that it will come true and that all those people or unfortunate circumstances that discourage you are only there to test your faith or strength, they are merely objects, and God is the sole decision maker, so be friends with him! Remember, baby steps are totally ok and encouraged; CONSISTENCY IS the real KEY! Einstein said, “Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.” So I want you to fully embrace your Spring State of Mind and slap doubt in the face every time he knocks on your door and tell him, “You’re not welcome here”, and kick him out.
4. Make a clean, visually appealing version of this table and omit the, Things I need to let go of column. Frame it or tape it next to your closet. Every day wakeup expectantly, ready to rock (or tackle!) the day, and pick an outfit that makes you feel GOOD and fabulous (doesn’t have to be expensive!). Then, glance over at the table and keep your eyes and focus on the prize!!!
At Last, here are the aforementioned pictures:
Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana AltuzarraBurberry ProrsumDiane von FurstenbergMichael KorsMichael KorsVersaceAlberta FerrettiJason Wu
P.S. Please excuse the lengthy-ness of this post; it was supposed to be solely about Spring fashion, but then this happened! Stay fabulous!