I had so much fun with this project. It was such a joy to walk on the beach and look for all those little treasures. Luckily for me, It had plenty of them. Those precious seashells made me realize that beauty is all around us, we just need to make ourselves aware of it.
I placed my vase (or actually wine glass lol) on my desk, where I can see it constantly, because it inspires me to be creative and think outside of the box. Also, because it’s so beautiful and I’m very proud of it!
Another perfect place for it would be… the bathroom since seashells have a calming, soothing effect to them and they remind us of the beach. It will be the perfect view when you’re taking a relaxing bath.
Enjoy and tell me which version is your favorite!
You can spray-paint them as well, but I figured nail polish is cheaper and more accessible. I find that nail polish colors that work best are the ones that are almost transparent and/or only provide a nice sheen.
P.S. For an extra sassy kick spray them throughly (before placing them in the bowl) with your favorite perfume/spray, preferably one that smells ocean-y or a tropical one.
Dear Wonderful Reader,
I’m infatuated with lighthouses; I find them quaint, symbolic, and somehow very setimental.
“There is no fog so dense, no night so dark, no gale so strong, no mariner so lost but what its beacon light can rescue. It beckons through the storms of life. It calls,
‘This way to safety; this way to home.’”
― Thomas S. Monson
Perhaps its their classic charm, that brings me comfort. Unlike cars or phones, a lighthouse has always looked like a lighthouse and this sense of familiarity is so nice to have in an age where everything and everyone gets a makeover.
Gazing at a lighthouse fills my soul with a great sense of tranquility. They blend in so beautifully with nature, because they haven’t been altered and stained with modern day technology. Breathe deeply and take in the serene sky, the crystal water, and the peaceful lighthouse in this picture; relax and clear your mind!
Perhaps its the metaphoric significance of their function: they provide light to those who are lost or struggling in deep sea. The kind of light that promises home to the lost, and hope to those who are fighting vigorous waters.
“I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”
They symbolize God and his promise to us: no matter how murky it gets, there is always a guiding light to a safe shore.
Perhaps its their graceful strength and how they stand tall and still in the midst of ferocious waters and ruthless storms.
This amazing lighthouse located in Long Beach, CA is where I had my very first, real date (along with other spots). It was a great day and the date was very special. This bitter-sweet Lighthouse will always hold a special place in my heart.
“Man must behave like a lighthouse; he must shine day and night for the goodness of everyman.”
― Mehmet Murat ildan
Works that Feature Lighthouses
- Most of Nicholas Sparks novels (Sorry, can’t remember which ones exactly)
- Share with me, any artistic/literary (music or movies even) works that feature Lighthouses in THAT way.
P.S. Shine like a beacon today!
Moments that make me feel like am living to the fullest:
1. Running to the beach in my bikini and diving in the water.
2. Laughing so hard till my eyes water.
3. Kissing (depends on the person I’m kissing haha)
4. Being in love with someone that loves you back.
5. Receiving that unexpected text or email from someone that you care about.
6. Going on a first date with someone I like (so exciting)
7. Getting an email informing me that my class has been canceled haha (so lame but it makes so happy)
8. Reading a book or watching a movie with a character that totally resembles. (I love how when the feeling I feel when the character finally gets her happy ending cause it feels as I just got my happy ending myself).
9. Making someone’s day (When I feel like I can’t be happy myself, I like to make someone else’s happy because that totally makes me happy somehow lol).
10. Just chilling in my clean room, watching a movie, and sipping on wine. (so simple yet so Serene)
P.s. Sunshine, trees, and the cool breathe are like an instant mood lifters for me. haha
Please share with me the moments that make you feel so alive? Maybe they’ll work for me too lol